Monday, May 17, 2010

The Monday Madness

Wow. The rush of this past weekend was L I B E R A T I N G............ Friday was crazy being all over Queens. Saturday I rested at home and just went to the supermarket to get dinner to cook and the salon. As for SUNDAY, went through three boroughs. THREE. Manhattan Queens and Brooklyn. It was so much fun though. All because of a dropped video camera. You see, my friend Nick has a video journalism project for his class. It is his final!!!! So him and I are at my friend's Sandra's house and it's on the tripod and upon removal, it DROPPED. Hard. -____-

The data was not recovered so then we had to call the group members to see if we can film again. We went to Cristy's Deli then to Victory Field to film then to my house then back out to drop Sandra halfway home then to Brooklyn to fix the camera then to Times Square to film (more about that in a minute) and then back home. We split off by 74th Street. I went in a cab; he was to walk after getting off the train. (More about the cab ride in a minute)

Times Square is so much different at night. First of all, it S T I N K S. From garbage disposals, to drunk people's ...... er...to horses. Second off, there were people still on the go. It was harder now, even with the tourists because they are smarter. But within the first ten minutes, we found a group of four people that were obviously not from here but were really receptive to us. Filming took longer than expected but it was okay. Walking around getting put down left and right but eventually a couple was on the corner of 42nd and Broadway. They just met and maybe we cockblocked? I have no idea but we got their opinions about Corny Pickup lines (the man did not know what they were) and partner ideal qualities. Hopefully their answers gave them insight as to what they are really like!

Back to the other story I would like to talk about. It took me a good while to pick a cab to go into. Especially when you a young woman in the city out late at night you must be careful with whom you go with. So, on the corner of Broadway and Roosevelt was this cab. The guy is tatted up but he looks like he is awake, spoke English well and knew where to go. He wanted to charge $25, but I bargained with him and said I would not pay no more than $20- but we compromised on $22. So he starts out and asks me why I am out late. I explain to him about the project I was helping my friend with and he was very interested in ALL the details. He liked the fact that I had multi ethnic friends and he said that I exuded a nice and kind spirit. He then switched the conversation into the Arizona Law and other political issues. I liked his views and he liked mine. Eventually I asked him why he was cabbing. He said that he started three months ago and told me about his previous job and about his family. It was so touching.

As soon as I said "God rest his soul", Santiago asked me if I am religious. I told him that I am a Christian and that I believe in God. He said he believes too. At that point we reached my house. I said because he was so nice I paid $25. He was adamant at first but then thankful. I told him where my church was, since he wasn't so far away from it. I pray that he can come one day. He is such a nice, handsome, and smart man.

Overall, I thank God for using that weekend to reveal to me my real friends and that He is real. Even late at night, He is with me and protects me wherever and whenever I go.
I'd say I can't go anywhere but up.
Much love
Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment