Monday, March 25, 2013

Haikus by Her-Or(kid)


“Or(Kid)”


Petals are lilting
Fragrant, pure and elegant
Divinely gorgeous




I love orchids. Love love love them! Ever since I was young, I loved them as much as I wanted a Jeep Wrangler. (Such a contradiction hunh?) Nevertheless, I always found them to be God’s gift to us. I know there are so many other flowers out there and many other species of creation as well, but orchids remind me of the beauty, purity and fragility of life. Just like children. Children do not have to worry about name brands, they can be in mismatched clothing and Crocs and once they laugh, say and do silly things, we all are just enamored so quickly. Children are also fragile, look at the current trends in school in terms of education, bullying and low income neighborhoods in terms of nutrition, violence and other socioeconomic ills. But children are pure despite all of this. Their souls, their eyes.....pure. Like orchids, we wish to have them in that moment forever.
Orchids eventually die if they are not taken care of. And they need unscrupulous and 24/7 care. Like children.

Hence, the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment